McKenzie Centre operates a four term year. Our hours are 8.30am — 4.30pm from Monday to Friday. Our education and health professionals provide Early Intervention by developing specific strategies, in partnership with parents, to support children realise their potential. We aim to provide an holistic service which is flexible, accessible and responsive to the needs of the child and their family/whanau.
Some of the services we offer include:
Early intervention sessions - group and individual
- Specialist individual and team assessments
- Individual Plans
It Takes Two to Talk® — The Hanen Program® for Parents
More Than Words® - The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Multi Sensory Room
- Resources and equipment
- ACC and Enable equipment assessment and provision
- Early Childhood Centre visits
- Home visits
- Parent support and networking
- Referrals to, and information on, other agencies in the community
- Transitions to early childhood centre and school
- Education Support Workers for children with very high needs
- Premmie Playmates Group
- Support groups
Kitchen: the kitchen area is designed for family/whanau and visitors to help themselves to a drink, sit, socialise and chat.
Library: Videos and books can be borrowed.
Notice board: Current information, newsletters, available courses, community information and the minutes of the monthly Trust meeting are displayed on the wall.